Giving Back is at the core of what we do at TEMBO, and we are committed to supporting causes that we are passionate about.
To help support the planet’s precious resources, we are proponents for:
- Eco-friendly cleaning products throughout the resort
- Strict protocols on personal and resort hygiene
- Sustainably sourced, cruelty-free room amenities
- Encouraging guests to re-use towels
- TEMBO Team beach clean ups and other initiatives
• Save Elephant Foundation : A non–profit organization dedicated to providing care and assistance to Thailand’s captive elephant population through a multifaceted approach involving local community outreach, rescue and rehabilitation programs, and educational ecotourism operations.
• Street Dogs in Samui : We privately feed around 30 street dogs each day and offer them medical support where and when needed. Tembo also support local dog shelters. However, our primary \ focus is on the excellent Spay & Neuter Program by Rob’s Dogs, a local initiative set up to keep the island’s stray dog and cat population under control. We raise funds to pay for sterilization days through charity clothing events such as the Great Closet Clearout.
• Local communities: Working with organisations such Sisters on Samui (SOS), we periodically contribute to the excellent initiatives by active support groups and are committed to improving the lives of less fortunate families on the island in whatever way possible.